Friday, July 21, 2017

Gratitude

Nearly a week after surgery, I am grateful for dozens of seemingly normal things. Each person who has knocked on our door, each card I have received in the mail, each silly GIF or group text, each FaceTime call and each warm meal. It is obvious that we have a mountain of support around us and we're so thankful to see all the GOOD. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for showing up.

I am waiting for a post-op appointment on Thursday (the 27th) and will hopefully learn the results of the biopsy then. While the surgeon did confirm the mass in my brain is, in fact, a tumor, we will know more soon about exactly what we're dealing with and how best to treat it.

In addition, a spinal MRI at the hospital showed a spot on my thyroid and liver. On Thursday I'll also have a CT scan of my liver and a needle aspiration biopsy of my thyroid. Sounds fun, huh? These are minor outpatient procedures to help see if anything else is going on.

In the meantime, Brack and I are truly trying to enjoy our new normal. He's working hard to get our house unpacked and I'm working hard not to fall down. Our world is full of eye patches, sanders, fresh fruit, vitamins, friends, errands and projects. We miss our kids every day, but are so thankful for the extra time they've had with their grandparents. These are the good gifts we think upon often.

Thank you, again, for being a gift to us.
  
Only #12days until I see these sweet faces! 
Much needed treats from friends who know me well!



Lunch at Lake Taco today. Serious gratitude right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment