Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Morning talk

Benton has a cough right now and it's especially active at night. After getting up a few times last night with coughing fits, he was sleeping in a little later than normal today. I went in to check on him and climbed in his bed beside him. I put my hand on his back and he opened his eyes. This is the conversation that followed.

Benton: "You're hurting my back."

Me: "Oh, sorry. Can I hold your hand?"

B: "No, this hand is for picking up toys."

Me: "Right. Well, how do you feel this morning?"

B: "I feel great. Do you hear the rooster?"

Me: "I do. You know, it's library day. If you want to go to story time we need to get up and eat breakfast. Do you think you're ready?"

B: "Not yet. I just wanna stay home today."

Me: "Sounds good."

B: "Now follow me and let's find something to play with. Oh, did you hear the rooster again? I think he's cold out there."

Just a little glimpse into our morning. I love this boy so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment