Saturday, October 20, 2012

Playing catch up

I'm attempting to catch up on a month's worth of blogging in this post. I won't make any excuses for being so behind, but I promise I have some good ones. Like having my gallbladder cut out this week. (Ok, I'll make one excuse.)

Brack turned 29 in September. Two years ago, he instituted a new goal to run his age in miles each year. This year's birthday run took place on a local track -- 117 laps later, he reached 29 miles. Here's his post-run picture with his two cheerleaders.


As soon as postseason Braves tickets were available, we knew we wanted to take Benton to see the wildcard game in Atlanta. We took him to a playoff game against the Giants a couple of years ago and we knew he'd appreciate the excitement of the postseason atmosphere even more this year. Parker stayed with the grandparents and Benton got to really enjoy the fun at Turner Field, including the worst call ever and angry fans throwing their beer cans. We were heartbroken with the season ending like it did but were glad to be part of the big night, especially seeing Chipper Jones in his last game.





The next day, we went up to Rome for Mountain Day at Berry. For some reason, I didn't take my camera to the mountain. Conveniently enough, the Coosa Valley fair was in town that weekend. I somehow tricked Brack into taking us and it ended up being a lot of fun. The weather was perfect, the kids were behaving and the rednecks were minimal. I even achieved my goal of getting Brack on a ride with Benton.

Highlights for Benton: feeding the camel, eating a chocolate-dipped banana, bumper boats and the monkey show. Parker enjoyed people watching with her mom.












We're so glad fall is here! I'll try to post again before winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment