Friday, August 13, 2010

Guest Post From Brack

There are several benefits to being unwillingly unemployed (watching 12 episodes of SportsCenter in a row, not wearing a shirt for several days, forgetting how to use an alarm clock, not shaving etc…). However, my favorite thing about being unemployed is getting to spend most of my time with Benton.
Here are some of my favorite things from the last few months:
One of my favorite parts of the day is when Benton first wakes up. He is always in the best moods in the morning and pretty much smiles at everything. This is what is usually waiting on me in the morning. 

On Monday nights Jordan goes to bible study. Sometimes it gets a little hairy but most of the time the boys hang out and watch the Braves. 
It is hot in Atlanta. Especially lately. We combat that around here by wearing only our diaper around the house (and to check the mail).

Benton rolled over for the first time a week or so ago. I have been determined ever since to document this. The other day I spent an hour trying to talk him into performing for the camera. He waited patiently for me to put the camera up and then immediately rolled over. ***Update: We got him!***

I don’t know any nursery rhymes and apparently the ones I thought I knew are completely wrong. I thought Yankee Doodle put a noodle in his hat. So pretty much the only thing I can sing are Wilco and Pearl Jam songs. The result of this is that I spend about thirty minutes carrying on a conversation with Benton using only squeals, grunts, babbles and farting noises. He doesn’t seem to mind (yet). When that doesn’t seem to be entertaining enough we just watch cartoons.

I like to make up nicknames for Benton. Some of his favorite so far are: Professor Poopy Pants, Slobber Face, Fatty McFatts, Bubba and Booger Brains. All this name calling wears us out so we usually take a nap.


Sitting around with a baby all day gives you plenty of time to think. So lately I have been thinking about how great it is to see my son growing up and changing so much. I wouldn’t trade the last few months for anything. I have gotten to be a part of what so many people miss. For that I am thankful.
Brack

1 comment: