Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our chill baby

Today is my last day of maternity leave. I can't believe it's already been 8 weeks since Benton was born. We've had a lot of fun being home together. This summer, Benton will get to enjoy a lot of quality time with his daddy. Fun days ahead!

We're taking a trip to Florida with my family at the end of the month. I'm excited for Benton to see the beach and I'm curious how he'll react. I've been tempted to take him in the pool at our apartment complex to see what he does but the water has been way too cold. I just can't imagine he would think that was very fun. 

He seems to like being outside. We've taken a few trips to the park and I've walked him out to sit by the pool. The sun makes him sneeze and he squints at how bright it is. Solution? Tiny baby sunglasses. I hope his head grows just a smidge over the next three weeks so these fit him right at the beach. Cute, right?

He's getting much better at bathtime. I think he may even be starting to enjoy them. He's only peed in his own face once. He's really fun to cuddle after a bath. We love wrapping him up in a hooded towel or his tiny robe. It's a hard life, isn't it?

We're starting to hear a lot more noises out of him. Lots of cooing and smiling. It's so fun to have him interact more with us. He's following things with his eyes and looking right at us when we talk to him. This parenting thing just gets better every day.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Love it! peepy in the face is not a laughing matter but I really laughed! Love the Robe!

    ReplyDelete