Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Two Jumper Cables Walk Into a Bar...

Jordan has a great sense of humor and has always appreciated a good joke. I love jokes too. A good one liner, knock knock jokes, wordplay, irony. We love em all. Laughter has saved our marriage more times than I can count.

There is only one real problem when it comes to our love of jokes. I have a terrible memory. I've never been able to remember sequencing, setups or even a plot to a good joke. I used to be that guy at the awkward social adult gathering thing that would lead in with "Did you hear the one about...?" immediately launching into the punch line and ruining the joke. I eventually abandoned this laughterless path for pure observational humor and embellishment. Sometimes knowing your weaknesses are just as important as knowing your strengths in life.

There is hope in the Hassell family though. Our son Benton has the memory I've always wanted. He has an ever growing list of jokes tucked away somewhere in that giant brain of his. He is going to be that guy in your family that keeps pulling quarters out of everyone's ears and always has a topical joke. He is going to be a great uncle one day.

Today we had some friends and co-workers come over for the first installment of Jokes With Jordan. A small crowd gathered in the pleasant, shady, breezy and smokeless (for now) backyard. We all took turns sharing jokes. It was simple. It was playful. It was special.



Most of the jokes brought out at least a smile from the crowd. Some even genuinely made Jordan laugh. I already forgot those even though at the time I was trying terribly hard to remember. Fortunately, everyone wrote their jokes on a note card to leave behind with us. Our daughter Parker even helped deliver a joke with her teacher.

The brief time in the backyard was a nice break for us. It feels good to laugh and poke fun at things with those that you care about. Sometimes the scale of life is out of balance and it is amazing what a little humor can do to even things out.

We genuinely appreciate everyone out there (in our literal and figurative backyard) that has taken the time to laugh with us recently. Laughter has always been something that Jordan and I have loved. It has been great to see our relationships with others continuing to be filled with the thing we love so much.



15 comments:

  1. What is toilet paper's favorite food? Rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's your joke that keeps on giving: Thomas Moat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody laughed at me when I said I was going to post a joke here. But they sure aren't laughing now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the shell off of my snail in hopes he would move faster, but turns out it just made him more sluggish.

    #okaythatsalligot

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Panda walks into a restaurant, orders a meal, eats the meal,shoots the waiter and leaves. Naturally, the police were called and when they catch up to the Panda, they ask him why he did it. He answers, because I'm a Panda.
    Get it??
    They eat shoots and leaves. :)
    You guys are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a chocolate chip muffin and a blueberry muffin in an oven. The chocolate muffin says "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" The blueberry muffin says "Ah! A talking muffin!"

    A mushroom tries to get into a party, but the host won't let him in. The mushroom says "Why not? I'm a fungi!"

    What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef!
    What do you call a cow with 2 legs? Lean beef!

    What do you call a deer with no eyes? No eye deer!

    What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino? Elephino!


    Hope these made you smile! Love always, Kara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to tell self deprecating jokes, but I'm not any good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the new pirate movie rated?

    ARRRR

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite Jordan joke is the knock knock joke about the interrupting cow. MOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just going to post that one! I love it!!

      Delete
  10. Lennice taught me this one-

    What sandwich does a ghost eat for lunch?

    Boo-loney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remember telling jokes at Mimi's one time and you did the drum thing after each one?!?!?! That was hilarious!! It makes my heart happy that you guys laugh and have such a great time with great people. Hope you had a special birthday today and did something fun!!! Love you ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, by the way... what do you call a fly with no legs???? A walk. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
  13. Q: What do you call a dog with no legs?
    A: Who cares. He's not going to come to you.

    Q: What do you call a guy with no arms and legs in the water?
    On the wall?
    In front of the door?
    A: Bob
    Art
    Matt

    ReplyDelete